Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Preschool Program

Harper had her Preschool program on Sunday. The pictures below are a little hard to see... They had the T/Th morning and afternoon class together so there was about 40 kids. Uncle Mitch, Aunt Brandy, Aunt Jayne, Grandpa & Deb were able to come. They sang about 5 or so songs and then we all went to the Fellowship hall for cookies. Harper got to show everyone her classrooms & the gym. Harper didn't surprise us with her actions during the program. We had borrowed Susan's video camera (THANKS SUSAN) to take the program. Matt was standing in the middle isle taping and I was on the other end of the pew standing so I could take pictures. Harper was in the back row, right in the middle. All the kids walked out, some looked scared to death, other were just looking around, but not our Harper... She walked out and instantly started (loudly) saying Mommy & Daddy where are you? She finally spotted Matt but didn't see me... She kept saying, Daddy, where's Mommy. Matt pointed my way and she saw me. They sang their songs and we could sure hear Harper! They did Jingle Bells and they all got to bells to shake... While Harper was shaking her bells the sleeve of her sweater came unrolled (her sleeves were a little long so I had rolled them up) I knew exactly what had happened. She looked out at me and said (during the song - loudly) Mommy come here - Come here, I need your help. You should have seem Mitch, Brandy, Jayne, Deb & Grandpa all laughing.. I was laughing so hard that I had tears! After the song Miss Mary walked up and help her fix her sleeve (THANKS Miss Mary). A few songs later they did Jingle Bell Band and each kid had a different instrument (bells, sticks etc). Harper got the bells and immediately started to ask boy in front of her if he wanted to trade - no deal! During the verses in the song each kid played their instruments when they sang about it.. Well, Harper was sure to tell the kids around her when they were playing out of turn! I went to pick her up at Preschool today and I had 3 parents tell me they enjoyed watching Harper at the program! That's our Harper leaving that lasting impression! Love you babydoll!

No comments: