Monday, March 30, 2009
Harper went to Chester on Saturday with Aunt Jayne, Aunt Carrie, Uncle Jan, Katie & Holden. It was Katie & Holden's birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! She had a great time and had lots of stories. I've only gotten bits & pieces of each story so far... She didn't get to see the birds at Chester Grandpa's apartment because they were playing the piano (I'm guessing they were maybe having church) - She got to sit - not ride on one of the horses of one of the neighbors - She got to play at the farm with Aunt Jolene - She got to play at the north park in the big round thing - She got to eat at Runza (her favorite). I'm sure I will hear more in the next couple of days. Thanks for thinking of her and taking her with you... It's important to Matt and I that she gets to spend time in Chester whenever she can... Matt has so many good memories of time he spent in Chester growing up...
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Last night as Harper and I were coming home from the store I looked back and saw her chewing on her hair (which Really bothers me). I asked her to stop and she of course did not. I then told she better stop doing that or I was going to cut off her hair. She was quiet for a moment and then got a little teary eyed and said.... "But mommy, if you cut off my hair I will look like daddy."........... I laughed a little and then explained that I would not cut off her hair, but would get it cut shorter so she would not do that anymore.. She said she understood - but who knows/?
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Riding the "Daddy" Elephant
Harper, Aunt Brandy & myself went to the Shrine Circus on Saturday and had a great time. Harper got to ride an elephant & a horse. She also got to enjoy cotton candy, popcorn & a snow cone! Which she is still talking about. Brandy and my favorite part was the elephants & a the magic part of the show. They had a guy and gal do an illusion with their outfits. They would just change! Hard to explain... I had seen a video on-line once with the same thing... Oh - almost forgot, they also shot a guy out of a cannon! Thanks for coming with us Aunt Brandy! We had a great time!
Friday, March 20, 2009
What is Thursday 13th?
The Thursday 13 is a weekly meme with a simple theme: each Thursday you blog a list of 13 things. What kind of things? Any kind! Just come up with a list theme and run with it. One week you may list “13 things on my mind” and maybe the next week you’d list “my top 13 favorite movies”.
I think this meme looks fun - but I'm not sure I'm goign to be able to the Every Week thing.. But will give it a try! shhhhhh I know today is already Friday, I'll do better next week! My friend at http://www.joeyswalk.blogspot.com/ had it on her blog and thought it would be fun.
1. Pepsi/Coke taste test - My very first job I had at age 12 at the Boone County State Fair.
2. City Cafe in Newman Grove - Worked from my brother in his cafe during high school. I ran the register, cooked, cleaned You name it!
3. Pick-a-Flick Video Store - I managed a video store in St. Paul Nebraska. Did it my first year out of high school. Then decided to move to Lincoln to go to school.
4. Lincoln County Club - work in the kitchen on what they call the 'hot' side. I was the only female and loved it. I learned so much.
5. Charlotte's Farm Kitchen - enough said - what the heck was I thinking???
6. Mahoney State Park - LOVED this job. I was there for the ground up and the park was being built. Worked in the kitchen, dining room & in catering.
7. Arbys - left Mahoney to be one of the managers. Better hours and no driving.
8. Colby Ridge - Managed the Korn Popper downtown, really enjoyed it and lots of fun.
9. Cornhusker Hotel - Worked as a banquet captain and had blast. Did banquets from anywhere for 10 - 1000 people.
10. Went back to Colby Ridge and managed a different store... enough of working weekends - I wanted to find a man!
11. DMV - Cannot believe that I have been here for 10 years! OMGosh I really enjoy my job.
Just happened on this job - started as a temp and before I knew it I was a supervisor.
12. Wife - not sure I really think of this as a job, but I had trouble coming up with 13. I have a wonderful husband who is very thoughtful and takes care of me! Which is my past relationships I had not experienced and boy was it worth the wait! I love you honey!
13. MOM - One of the greatest things in the world. I am so amazed by Harper each and every day. I love you baby doll.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Harper has had a cold for the last few days and I woke up yesterday with a cold. Last night we were sitting at the table having dinner and I told Harper that she had given me her cold. There was a short pause and she said... Mommy, I didn't give you my cold cause I still have it.
Monday, March 09, 2009
I have been looking at pictures from the year Harper was born - and it's just so amazing how fast they grow up. This picture was taken on March 10th, 2005 so she would have been about 6 weeks old. I showed her this picture the other day and she looked it and it and just laughed... and said "was that me as a baby? I'm cute!"..... OMGosh...
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Recently Harper has really been into Honey Buns! Sometime DD's will give her one on Fridays and she just loves them. Last week I also bought her one to have for breakfast on Saturday morning. We were on our way home from Preschool yesterday and she saw a Hostess delivery truck at one of the quick shops. She asked why did the truck have red hearts on it. I told her it was a delivery truck that delivered pastries to the stores... she of course really didn't get it. So I told her that the man that drives that truck takes the Honey Buns to the quick shops so people can buy them. That she understood ---- and then went into how the Honey Buns are made. The bees needs to go to the honeycomb and get the honey. It cost $100.00 and then that guy has to make the Honey Buns in the oven. In that 5 or so minutes of her telling me about Honey Buns she did a lot of buzzing and pretending like she was flying and then something about burning her hand on the hot oven. Oh the imagination of the little ones!