Friday, March 20, 2009

Thursday 13


What is Thursday 13th?
The Thursday 13 is a weekly meme with a simple theme: each Thursday you blog a list of 13 things. What kind of things? Any kind! Just come up with a list theme and run with it. One week you may list “13 things on my mind” and maybe the next week you’d list “my top 13 favorite movies”.
I think this meme looks fun - but I'm not sure I'm goign to be able to the Every Week thing.. But will give it a try! shhhhhh I know today is already Friday, I'll do better next week! My friend at http://www.joeyswalk.blogspot.com/ had it on her blog and thought it would be fun.
1. Pepsi/Coke taste test - My very first job I had at age 12 at the Boone County State Fair.
2. City Cafe in Newman Grove - Worked from my brother in his cafe during high school. I ran the register, cooked, cleaned You name it!
3. Pick-a-Flick Video Store - I managed a video store in St. Paul Nebraska. Did it my first year out of high school. Then decided to move to Lincoln to go to school.
4. Lincoln County Club - work in the kitchen on what they call the 'hot' side. I was the only female and loved it. I learned so much.
5. Charlotte's Farm Kitchen - enough said - what the heck was I thinking???
6. Mahoney State Park - LOVED this job. I was there for the ground up and the park was being built. Worked in the kitchen, dining room & in catering.
7. Arbys - left Mahoney to be one of the managers. Better hours and no driving.
8. Colby Ridge - Managed the Korn Popper downtown, really enjoyed it and lots of fun.
9. Cornhusker Hotel - Worked as a banquet captain and had blast. Did banquets from anywhere for 10 - 1000 people.
10. Went back to Colby Ridge and managed a different store... enough of working weekends - I wanted to find a man!
11. DMV - Cannot believe that I have been here for 10 years! OMGosh I really enjoy my job.
Just happened on this job - started as a temp and before I knew it I was a supervisor.
12. Wife - not sure I really think of this as a job, but I had trouble coming up with 13. I have a wonderful husband who is very thoughtful and takes care of me! Which is my past relationships I had not experienced and boy was it worth the wait! I love you honey!
13. MOM - One of the greatest things in the world. I am so amazed by Harper each and every day. I love you baby doll.

No comments: